Modern Girl’s Guide to Life
With information on entertaining, etiquette, housekeeping, basic home repair, decorating, sex, and beauty, The Modern Girl's Guide to Life became a sensational bestseller as young women everywhere discovered this indispensable book covered everything they should know . . . but might not. Now, in this revised edition of the classic, style maven Jane Buckingham reveals more of the helpful tips and secrets that get passed down from generation to generation, but that many of us have somehow missed.
Full of practical, definitive advice on the basics—the day-to-day necessities like finding a bra that fits, balancing a checkbook, making a decent cup of coffee, and hemming a pair of pants—The Modern Girl's Guide to Life, Revised Edition includes new topics such as:
- Social Media 101: where you should and shouldn't be online
- Online dating: should you, shouldn't you, and how you can find the right guy
- Sexting: dos and don'ts
- Online flash sales: Are you really saving?
- Tips and tricks for eating organic, shopping at farmers' markets, and juicing safely
- Updated recipes, including vegan and gluten-free
- How to find the exercise you won't skip out on doing
- Interview etiquette: everything from what to wear to what to say
- Updated financial section
- . . . and more!
Modern Girl guru Jane Buckingham includes loads of savvy counsel to help us feel more refined, in charge, and together as we navigate the rocky terrain that is twenty-first-century womanhood.